Health issues regarding digestive system are quite common. Every person experiences the symptoms of ailments in their life. The reason for occurrence of health issues may vary from one person to another.
Mention few common digestive health issues:
- Gastroesophageal Reflux ailment: Shortly known as GERD, happens when stomach acid flows to esophagus. The person will feel burning pain in the chest region at night after meals. It will be helpful to avoid eating oil rich food in the evening or night hours. The person can take antacids or mild medications to get rid of the burning sensation.
- Gallstones: As the name suggests stone like hard structures form in gallbladder. Gallbladder helps in secreting and storing bile for digestion. Giles normally occur when there is large proportion of bad cholesterol present in the body. It can even happen when there is ample amount of waste along with bile in gallbladder. Severe pain in upper right abdomen is experienced when Gallstones block the passage of gallbladder leading to intestine. If medications aren’t able to solve the issue completely, surgery to remove the gallstones is the only option.
- Celiac health disorder: This health issue is observed when your body observes gluten present in cooked food like in wheat, rye and barley. Villi get damaged leading to difficulty in absorbing nutrients from the food for promoting energy. Multiple symptoms like abdominal pain, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting and even constipation can be observed. Severe conditions may lead to continuous fatigue, loss of bone density and reduction in weight of the body. To avoid eating gluten rich food will be beneficial.
- Crohn’s diseases or IBD: This kind of inflammatory bowel disease has profound effect on terminal ileum. In few rare conditions it can have an effect on any part of the digestive system. Rectal bleeding, pain in the abdominal region, fever, diarrhea and loss of weight are some of the observed symptoms. The main cause is reported to be genetics. Consulting expert medical professional will be helpful to get rid of the symptoms of the ailment permanently.
- Ulcerative Colitis: It is an inflammatory bowel ailment affecting the part of large intestine that is., colon. The symptoms are similar to Crohn ailment. In severe cases, you may experience blood in stool and abdominal cramps. Consulting a doctor immediately will be helpful in such cases of discomfort.
- Irritable bowel syndrome: Observing stomach pain every few days is a sign of some health issue concerning your digestion tract. Bloating, dry stool or watery stool are the symptoms that has to be evaluated by an experienced doctor.
- Hemorrhoids: It is inflammation of blood vessels present at the end of digestive tract. It may be due to chronic constipation or due to diarrhea symptoms. Eating fiber food and keeping the body hydrated will be helpful in reducing the symptoms.
- Diverticulitis: Occurrence of diverticula in the lining of digestive tract and in colon. Main cause is obesity and has the symptoms similar to other ailments present in colon.
To know more about the common ailments of the digestive system log on to the website Dr. Guru Reddy, a well acclaimed medical professional.